Sunday, April 27, 2008

Comments about Blogging and Another Word Picture.

Posting to my Blog.

I keep mentioning my goal of posting every 3 to 4 days and yet occasionally miss in this quest. I'm a day late. One of my commenters, Beth, keeps telling me that I should just post when I want to, yet there are reasons why I keep pushing myself. One is that I, at times, can have motivation problems and I've found that if I wait until I feel "Moved", sometimes this results in me never getting anything done.

Another reason is because I desire a certain result, for sometimes we do things because we want to, sometimes we do things because we have to and sometimes we do things because we are hoping for a certain result. The result I desire is to give my readers some level of consistency so that the ones who have decided to follow my blog will know what to expect and will not lose interest.

Deciding what to post has not always flowed as nicely as I would like it to. I've always got several options to choose from and the indecision in itself can cause a delay and then when I do finally decide on something, I start doing it and realize that if I really want to do this particular post right, I really should look up something in a certain reference that I don't happen to have here at the house.

A Picture that the Lord Gave me.

There is one thing that I was considering that I can do right now off the top of my head and that is a picture that the Lord put in my head recently. The explanation of it is incomplete, but it will do Ok for now for me to just introduce it and the rest can come later.


I was standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon, looking out over it to the North/East. I was taken in by the beauty of it and also by the vastness of it. Than I looked across the canyon, directly to the East, where the closest edge was on the other side of the canyon. I was thinking about how wide and deep the canyon was and of how difficult it would be to get across it to the other side. It was like a big divide; a deep canyon, separating me from the other side and it seemed so impossible for me to ever get across it to reach the other side.


Aside from this picture, there were two verses that came to mind.

“28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29) Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29, KJV.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31, KJV.



Next, I pictured myself as an eagle taking off and flying across the canyon. I didn't even fly directly East, across to the other side of the canyon. Instead, I flew North/East along the canyon and even as I did eventually reached the other side, I did not land, but just kept going.



Like usual, there is more than one way to interpret this word picture. In this case, there may be quite a few ways of interpreting it, including many that I haven't personally thought of, so please do not be afraid to take a stab at interpreting it.

15 comments:

Beth said...

I am no expert at analyzing dreams but I can tell you are a very spiritual person, who looks to God for help overcoming obstacles that seem impossible to overcome, so I would think that is what your picture is telling you.

Lista said...

This isn't a dream. God puts pictures in my head while I'm awake. What you are saying about it is correct. The reason why there can be a million interpretations is because there are as many dreams, goals and obstacles as there are individuals on the earth. I guess it could also apply to groups in the political realm.

Beth said...

As for your comments about how often you post, you've got to do what's right for you of course, but I am the type who checks in on the blogs I list at my blog all the time, whether the blogger posts frequently or not, so you'll know you'll always have me popping in for whenever you might posts.

Rosemary said...

Hi Lista,
I thought that I would take a stab at this "vision". If I were going to interpret it for myself I would say that the canyon represents the obsticals that lay befor me. In my fleshly mind I would believe it would be something I would be wanting to overcome, but in God's economy it would just be a worldly irratant that Satan threw my way. When I take on the power of God to overcome the world (the picture of the Eagle), I not only end up crossing the rift but I sail onto more important eternal distinations that God has purposed for me.
Shalom

BB-Idaho said...

I dunno. How about,
Exodus 19:4
'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.'

Lista said...

Thanks Beth,
I suppose I'll always have a few followers who are really loyal. I keep thinking about these people who have these programs that count hits. Their goal is to get as many hits as possible and they post daily, at least in part because apparently this increases the number of hits. That sounds really neat, but I don't think I'd have the energy for that.

It's not just the continuous posting that seems hard for me, but I also think that I'd have trouble keeping up with all the continuous comments. I'd be on the computer for hours and hours a day and probably wouldn't even find the time to leave my own blog and visit anyone else's. I don't know how they do it.

Rosemary,
Nice insight about the "worldly irritant" (God's perspective), verses something more massive to overcome (our perspective) and yes, the power of God takes us not only across the rift, but even beyond it. I like your take on it in describing what I was thinking of as "even beyond it to things that we didn't even imagine could be possible." as something that is "more important" and "eternal". Nice job.

And BB,
comes up with a verse. I'm going to have to look that one up. That's sort of a neat one.

I can tell though that it is about the Israelites. The obstacle for them was their captivity in Egypt and God brought them out of that through doing a lot of plagues and miracles. At one time during their escape, the obstacle was the Red Sea and God parted it, so that they could walk across on dry land.

When they got to the promised land (Canaan), the obstacle was that there were giants in the land. They were afraid to go in and conquer it, so God allowed them to wonder in the wilderness until that generation died off, which illustrates the fact that in order to fly like the eagle and see God work, we need to have faith.

The next generation did go into Canaan and the Lord caused the walls of Jericho to come down.

Good job all,
The mystery of this picture has basically already been solved. Each person just has to fill in their own details about what the impossible task is and what the obstacles are in their own life.

Beth said...

Maybe the Grand Canyon represents the vastness of the World Wide Web, which seems to be overwhelming you from some of your comments, such as blogging being exhausting for you. Maybe if you just sit back and enjoy the view from above, it can take you to interesting places you have never been before!

Lista said...

You know what this makes me think of, Beth? It makes me think about a change in our goals. I didn't even see this at first in the "picture", which Rosemary calls a "vision" (a more spiritual and Biblical description of it).

Let's review that. Thanks so much Rosemary. She describes the canyon as something that represents an "Obstacle", "Something I would be wanting to overcome", or a "worldly irritant", depending on one's perspective. Her mention of "more important eternal destinations" implies a change in direction and indeed the Eagle did fly North/East, whether than where I was original looking, directly to the East.

I don't want to miss anything, yet the Lord says, just trust Me and I will show you the direction in which you should go. I can be quite spiritual, Beth, but I have a horrible habit of not really listening to what God is trying to tell me.

My impossible goal is to read everything on all of the blogs of all of my friends, but God says, just "Wait on Me" and I will show you what you need to read.

Pretty special message. Don't you think?

Beth said...

You must have a special gift if God sends you picture messages, and in the end I don't think God wants you stressed out.

Nice use of bold in your last comment, by the way.

:-)

Lista said...

Thanks for your kind words, Beth. You know what it is? I have trouble making decisions. I don't want to pick and choose. I just want it all.

In the picture that we are discussing, perhaps the ledge to the East should have something enticing on it that we want, but can't get to because of the canyon. I don't mean sinful, though. I just mean less than God's actual call on our lives.

If we want the strength of the Eagle, then we have to fly in the direction in which God moves us to go. In the picture, it was North/East, over a broader part of the canyon.

Gayle said...

From what I've seen so far, Lista, I believe you could post whatever comes into your mind and it would be an interesting read.

I don't have to try to interpret the picture because it's already been done, but If I were the one who had "seen" it, I would interpret it to mean that I love the Grand Canyon and I wish I could fly. Nothing profound, but you see, I've been to the Grand Canyon several times and I always stand at the edge wishing I could fly like an Eagle! LOL! Perhaps you're reading my mind. :)

Lista said...

That's right, Gayle. I was reading your mind and picked this picture right out of it. I guess I'm guilty of plagiarism. hahaha!

Thanks for the complement.

The Griper said...

flying straight across would not allow you to view the totality of its beauty.

another interpretation would be as a reminder that it is not the accomplishment of something that is important but the journey to that accomplishment that is the important part.

another interpretation would be a reminder that the easy way is not always the best way of doing things.

Lista said...

Thanks so much for your comments, Griper. I really do enjoy it when you drop by.

Interestingly, when I was reading your first sentence, I was thinking something similar to your second sentence before reading it and then as I was reading your second sentence, I was thinking something similar to your third sentence before reading it and as I was reading each sentence, I was thinking to myself, this man is reading my mind. When did you start doing that, Griper? That too deserves a smile:-).

The Griper said...

you paint such a clear picture, lista, that it just appears i'm reading your thoughts.