Monday, March 30, 2009

Destractions/Broken Focus/Bordom vs. Energy & Life

It is so hard for me to keep my focus. I think that I'm going to finally have some time to Blog and to have enough of it that I can actually do a Post and than I discover that there is a really big project outside that my husband wants me to help him with, or some other thing that needs doing that breaks my focus. I actually respond to comments on my Blog at times with the words, "Once again, I got to run. Catch you with more later.". This is so frustrating. Oh well.

It's not as if I do not have Ideas about what to write. I've got lots of Ideas and Inspirations, yet not every Idea or Thought has Life. It's sort of like life in general and all the activities that fill it. Some of what I do has Life and some of it just feels like going through the motions. The idea in life is to try and fill it with as much as possible that brings Life and not just Boredom.

When I say this, it makes me wonder. What am I saying really? Am I saying that I'm Bored with my Blogging? Am I saying that sometimes I don't Blog more than I do because I'm Bored? When it flows, it can really be fun, yet this sensation comes and goes.

So how do I keep a feeling of Life and Energy in the things that I do throughout the day and how do I keep Life and Energy in my Blog?

Sometimes I wonder if I should just sit down at the computer and begin to Ramble and just see what comes out and I guess that is what I am doing right now. My Blog might actually move more quickly if I was willing to do that once in awhile.

Sometimes I think that my desire to make each Post really Good and Significant and my desire to make each Post Really Mean Something slows me down a little, for the really Good and really Significant and "Full of Life" Posts don't always come as often as I would like them to.

Now we're back to the Question of "Significance verses Posting Speed". Sometimes it feels as if some of the Questions that I keep asking myself just don't seem to have answers.

What a crazy Post, huh? Oh well. Maybe it will just be a Good Conversation Starter.

11 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

"Once again, I got to run. Catch you with more later.". Probably has to do with how much time you want (or can) spend sitting in front of your computer. Me, I'm so old fashioned, I don't even have a cellphone. Or Blackberry. Or IPod
Never figured out the VCR, and now they have been replaced (I hear).
So, in the Winter, I spend most of my time in the basement, switching between model railroad and computer. And I treat blogs almost like chatrooms, making observations and looking for responses, checking several times a day. (addiction?!) Which is odd, since I hate computer games.
So, you will never hear 'got to run' from me! But, you may notice I replace the phrase sometimes with
'I dunno, what d'you think?' IMO,
if a post is very long, some will
lose interest before the end..or if the post is outside their field of interest, they will just quickly scan and leave. One thing about blogs that I find intriguing is the 'comment deleted' phenomena.
(I was once banned from a site for
defending Quakers. :)) IMO, unless
the comment was profane, threatening or plain poor taste,
negative comments can add to a discussion. As for 'questions I ask myself that seem to have no answers' it could be that your thoughts range widely, as opposed say, to those folks who seem to have a one track mind, are narrowly focused....and think they know all the answers?

Lista said...

BB,
As "Old Fashioned" as you are, I'm surprised that you understand the computer as well as you do.

Speaking of VCR/DVD Players, our DVD Player won't even play the newest of the DVDs any more and it is only 3 1/2 to 4 years old. They force you to keep buying new as things become obsolete. It's really too bad that they insist on doing that. Oh well.

I have this horrible habit of checking the computer even though I know I have limited time for responding to comments, but I just have to know if there are any new comments on any of the Blog Posts I've been conversing on. My husband complains if I'm on the computer too long.

I think that I made the comment about "some of the Questions that I keep asking myself" not having answers, I was thinking about an issue that reflects my continuous struggle with simply making up my mind.

The issue in question this time was "Should I or shouldn't I Post to my Blog?". This Question comes up often and quite often it relates to whether or not I feel that what's on my mind at the moment is "Significant" enough to be "Worthy" of Posting and thus the Question, "Is it more important to Post often or to Post something that's 'Significant and Meaningful'?" and I continue to be indecisive on the issue, and may never fully figure it out and/or decide which the most matters to me.

Lista said...

Another reason why I sometimes say "Got to run. Catch you later.", BB, is because I remember you once saying that you like it when someone takes the time to acknowledge your comment, whether than just Posting it and then saying nothing.

I've heard of IPods, but what's a Blackberry? lol.

Sometimes Comments are Deleted by the person who wrote it. I've never banned anyone from my sight. If I did, I'm sure it would be because of a continuous problem, not a single event and certainly not just because I disagree with what the person said.

I guess I found out too, that I dislike comments that are both long and off subject. The shorter off subject comments usually do get Posted. Occasionally, I move them to another Post that I feel fits the subject better.

Thanks for the complement about my "Thoughts Ranging Widely". I really do try to not be too "Narrowly Focused" and I certainly do not "Know all the Answers".

BB-Idaho said...

If we knew all the answers, Bob
Dylan's 'the answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind' would not have made the charts...:)
..ol Bob was born one month later than me. (tempus fugit, sigh)

Lista said...

So true.

Lista said...

Did we ever establish what a Blackberry is? I guess it's some sort of Computer/Internet Phone. That seems sort of crazy because the screen is so small. Why do Computer and Internet Work on a Phone, when you can do it at home in a comfortable chair, while looking at a reasonably sized Computer Screen? To me, this seems really nuts.

I treat Blogs like Chat Rooms too.

Another reason for my "Got to Run" statements is that I am often interrupted while on the computer; sometimes it's by my Husband and sometimes it's by the Dog.

The Griper said...

a blackberry? shuckens lista, everyone knows what a blackberry is. its a small fruit good for pies, wine and jams. black or dark blue with nipples all over it.

well, at least that is what it was back in my day. lol

BB-Idaho said...

I guess these little communication gadgets are a generational thing..the kids are in constant
(albeit inane) communication; and us oldsters are wannabees? The church pastor gave an entire sermon on why these various devices going off to the tune of
Lone Ranger & 1812 Overture during
services was rude and distracting:
and several insulted modern folk are boycotting. Heh

Lista said...

Thanks Griper,
You made me smile. :)

BB,
Yeh, isn't that something?

Thanks for dropping by, you guys. It's actually sort of nice discussing a little lighter subject.

BB-Idaho said...

"Got to run.." I was just writing a longish post on another blog and my wife needed to break in and e-mail someone. I 'minimized' my work, but she accidently deleted it all. Don't know if it is just me, but sometimes I think my comment is dumb, poorly stated or out of place...and wish I could retract it. Other times, I find when my comment well done and satisfying...and it gets ignored or shredded. Fun, huh?!

Lista said...

When I'm forced to leave the computer, I actually save my work in a Word Processor. The Drag and Drop Feature works wonders for that. Open the Word Processor, Drag and Drop the Comment and then save it somewhere on the C Drive.

The other option is to go ahead and Post the uncompleted comment and say, I have more to say, but I've "got to run". "More Later."

The Trash Can next to the Date and Time below is there so that you can Retract a Comment if you want to.