Thursday, September 9, 2010

Priorties - The Tug of War of Anger & Peace.

Well, I'm Considering coming back to the Blogging World, yet to Tell you the Truth, Life Does Keep Getting in the Way.  The Same Question as always is still within me.  It is a Question of Priority.  Blogging can be Like an Obsession, when I Let it Get the Better of me.  Blogging Pulls at me, and yet Life Pulls at me too and if I'm Smart, I will Allow Real Life to Win the Tug on my Heart, yet somehow it seems that there Ought to be a Way to do Both.

I Guess Politics is the Same Way.  The Political Situation has Gotten so Intense that it Seems that Getting Our Opinions Out there is the Only Thing that Matters Right Now and yet Life Goes on and we Still Need to Live Our Lives and we can not allow Ourselves to be Eaten Up with Political Anger and Rage.  We Need to Be Careful that we do not Tare Away at Our Own Freedom to be Happy, by Entering into Anger, Discontent and Worry about what Freedoms we Might Lose.

When I Quit Blogging, one of the Things that was Troubling me was that the Democrats had Gotten so much Power and have been Behaving in such an Extreme Manner, that I didn't even Desire to Write as a Moderate Any More, yet what is the Other Option?  Should I join the Rest of the Crowd in their Obama Bashing?  That wouldn't be Hard for me to do, yet I'm not sure if it is Going to Serve much of a Constructive Purpose and Any Way, there are Plenty of People Out there Doing that Already, so what's the Point?

No, What Ever I do decide to do in the Blogging Word, it has to be Different and Uniquely me, so Here I am Returning to what I've always been About.  No Matter how Bad Things Get, Our Mission should Still be to Try and Understand our Opponent and see if we can Find a Way to Work Together, rather than Imposing Extremes Upon Each Other.  Just because the Democrats are Acting in Extreme Ways Right Now, does that Mean that we Need to Impose the Extreme of Zero Regulations on Businesses and Zero Social Programs.  We Still Need to be Reasonable, for if we are not, then the Democrats are Just Going to Turn a Deaf Ear to us and We are not Going to have much Effect on them.

When I'm Angry, I do not Feel Like much of a Moderate, yet in Reality, that is always what I'm going to be.

The Priority War that I Mentioned in the Title has to do with the Obsession with Blogging and the Need to Live Life.  It Relates, though, to so Many other Things.  There is a Tug of War between Obsession and the More Mundane Things in Life; Between Politics and Living Life, Between Wanting to Make Some Kind of a Difference and just Doing what Needs to be Done, Between Anger and Peace and Between Passion and Practicality.  This is such a Hard Balance at Times.  Such a Very Hard Puzzle that does not Appear to have an Answer.

Anger, though, does not Lead to Peace.  It is Understanding that Leads to Peace and Unfortunately, Compromise Leads to Peace.  I Know that a Lot of you do not Like the Word Compromise, yet Unfortunately, this is a Reality of Life and it is not Going to Go Away.  Perhaps Along with the Tug of War Between Passion and Practicality, we should Add the Balance between Idealism and Reality, for no Matter how Bad we want it, No One is going to Get Everything that they Want.  Unfortunately, Life is just not that way.

So maybe I can Still Blog about the Attitude of Moderation, rather than Extremes.  Why should that Change just because I Feel that the Current Administration is Way Out of Hand?

7 comments:

Z-man said...

I find that if for some reason I can't blog that day, say I have to work a long shift at work, it bothers me and I resent it. I think to get your opinion out there is so much more important than some mundane job but that's just me.

Lista said...

Hey Z-Man,
You're on my Blog. You Want to Know Something really Crazy? My Blog is Still Sending Stuff to an Earlier Email Address, even though the Other Blogs are Sending my Notifications to my Newer Address. I Wonder when I'll ever Get this Straightened Out. Oh well.

Unfortunately, I Know Exactly how you Feel about Resenting it when I Can't Get to the Computer. I was so Bad that I had to Stop Blogging for Awhile, yet this didn't Fix the Problem, because then I Just Resented it when I couldn't Check and Respond to my Email. This Resentment and Urgency to Get Back to the Computer is Like an Obsession and it Prevents me from Getting my Other Work Done.

I Understand Exactly what you are Feeling, yet you Know What? When I Place the Computer Ahead of House Hold Chores, my Husband does not Agree with my Priority Decisions. This has Become a Real Problem and it Needs to be Kept in Check.

Another Issue that I am Dealing with is the Conflict Over what my Focus Should be. I'm a Moderate Republican, yet the Democrats have Gotten so Out of Hand Lately, that I'm not Even Sure if I Want to Make Moderation my Focus and then Today I Checked Out a Few more Spiritual Blogs and Realized that there is a Whole Other Approach that can be Taken to Blogging that is not Even Political, so Once Again I am Confused, yet I'm Sure the Lord with Eventually Show me what I should do and What I should Blog About.

BB-Idaho said...

"Tug of War Between Passion and Practicality"
is a dilemma we all face.
It would seem that a few are full of fire & passion, but so impractical
that they accomplish nothing; conversely the practical person with no passion becomes the 'jack is a dull boy' nose to the grindwheel...drudge. So,
IMO, most people learn to balance these extremes.
The best example might be Thomas Edison, passionate
inventor, who spent his
life turning his dreams into reality. Another example, probably more common, are those that concentrate on the practical (job, housework, school) and then relieve their passion as a hobby
(music, volunteering, painting etc). I was lucky. I loved my work-how rare is that? BTW
welcome back to blogville!
(had trouble posting-blogger recognised that I spelled my name wrong in the log in. Senior moment?)

Lista said...

Here's One that I Don't Think I Mentioned. How About Passion and Apathy. I was Talking to Someone not Long Ago about this Very Thing and how though Not Having Control Over One's Emotions may be a Negative, to have Total Control Over One's Emotions Leads to Apathy and Boredom. Even a Positive, such as Self-Discipline, can be Excessive.

And if we are Overly In Control Over the Affects and Influences of the Emotions of Others, then we are not only Apathetic, but Cold and Unfeeling as Well.

Believe it or not, I Once Told a Girl Friend of Mine that I'd Actually Whether be in Pain, than Board Silly. I Guess that's Why I can at Times be a Bit of a Risk Taker.

Foolish Maybe, but Boredom is Worse. Sometimes Being Totally Cautious and "Sensible" all the Time is just Plain Boring. What more can I say?

BB-Idaho said...

As regards "Perhaps Along with the Tug of War Between Passion and Practicality, we should Add the Balance between Idealism and Reality" ..
It would seem that passion and idealism could be classified as subjective, while practicality and reality might be objective.
And perhaps our subjective
(emotional) side derives from how we perceive the
objective(rational)?
I find it intriguing that given the same simple fact, two people arrive at
opposite conclusions-is one right and one wrong?
Hence the origin of argument. The subjective side of thought can be a
bit ludicrous...I knew a guy, went to the doctor and was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He quit the doctor and went to where he got a more favorable diagnosis: a
local waitress. That was certainly more optimistic
(and cheaper)..but it was passionate/idealistic, not
rational/objective. This fellow's reasoning made
perfect sense to him. IMO, it made no sense whatever.
(although he is still doing fine after 10 years, so what do I know?) :)

Lista said...

Our Subjective Conclusions Need to be Based on Reality, even though they are Subjective. That is, if the Conclusion is Based on our Own Personal Experience, then we Need to Interpret that Experience in Accordance with Reality and not Lie to Ourselves about what it is that we are Actually Experiencing and we Need to also Realize that the Experiences of Others may be Different from our Own.

When it Comes to Terminal Diagnosis, though, Sometimes the Truth is Hard to Bear and another Thing to Consider is that even when the Odds are Against us, there is Still Hope and Clinging to Hope, rather than Doom, is not Really so Irrational as it Seems, for Positive Attitudes do, In Fact, Increase the Chances of a more Positive Out Come.

In Politics, though, sometimes an Incorrect View of Reality can Cause us to Make Political Decisions that Hurt People. For Example, It is Quite a Bit Easier to Take a Risk with the Fate of the Poor, when the Person Deciding to Take the Risk is not Poor himself.

Lista said...

I Guess another way of Saying this is that Idealism Involves Risk and it is Better when the Risk that an Idealist Takes is his Own, rather than someone Else's.