Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Here's a Joke/Nuts in the Cemetery

Well, there's been so much going on in my life that's been causing me some growing pains and making it hard for me to post, so maybe it's time for something a little lighter.


There were two boys who desired to divide up a bag of nuts between them and wanted to find some quiet and private place in which to do it, so they went into the Cemetery and hid behind a rock and started dividing out the nuts saying
"One for you and one for me.", "One for you and one for me." and so on. After awhile, some nuts dropped and fell down the hill to the Cemetery Fence.

Well, another boy was walking by and heard them as they continued; "One for you and one for me.", "One for you and one for me.", etc. The boy become frightened and ran home to his Grandfather, insisting that he come and hear what he had just heard in the Cemetery.

"Calm down, boy!"
the Grandfather said "And tell me what's frightened you so."

A little calmer, but still excited, the boy continued to explain, "You have got to come and hear what I heard in the Cemetery, for God and Satan are there right now dividing up the souls."

Well, his Grandfather had to take his time because he walked with a cane, yet when they got there, lo and behold, they could still hear it as they stood by the Fence outside the Cemetery; "One for you and one for me.", "One for you and one for me."
, yet soon the dividing up process stopped and one of the boys who were dividing up the nuts said "Ok, that's it. Now let's just go and get the Nuts by the Fence and we'll be done."

Well, wouldn't you know it. The old man somehow learned to run really fast in spite of his cane and beat his Grandson home.

15 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

Living right across the stree from a cemetery, I hear a lot of things.. "Do you know where our grandma is buried?" "Will you fill up our water pitcher for the flowers?". When we first moved in, we were horrified to see our
five year old daughter across the street attending a funeral. Under the awning, sitting in the front row between some elderly ladies.
Did I mention horrified? But, haven't heard the 'counting nuts & souls at midnight yet...now I'm prepared. :)

Lista said...

Cemeteries must be pretty special places for people are always dying to get in. lol.

I can't believe that I'm still up tonight, for we are leaving for New York tomorrow morning, so if anyone wonders why their Comments are not Posted yet, that will be why. We'll be back sometime late Tuesday Night.

The Griper said...

yes, visiting a cemetery can be an experience in itself. times you can actually feel like you are strolling through time itself as you read the grave stones and monuments to those who died.

Z-man said...

I'm not into cemeteries but a good one is Gate of Heaven in Valhalla NY. Sal Mineo, James Cagney, Joe DiMaggio and Babe Ruth are buried there among other celebs, some first-rate mausoleums too. Buddy and I just drove around there on a nice day. Cemeteries have that weird relaxing effect like these people don't have to punch in for their 9-5 everyday. You see a rabbit or hear a songbird so on your trip to the City why not check out the GOH?

Lista said...

Hi You Guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the computer. I guess I've been just a little bit distracted by business since we got back. We arrived home in the very early hours of the Morning on Wednesday. It was 2:00 AM California Time, yet my watch was still reading 5:00 AM New York Time (Time to get up again, LOL). We had actually been up for 22 hours by the time we finally hit the sheets.

Z-man,
Thanks for the suggestion, but we weren't actually in the city. We flew into Buffalo and our first Excursion was Niagara Falls. We drove to the Canadian side and actually took a ride on the Maid of the Mist, which is something I had never done before. It was fun.

Next, we were at a Family Reunion, my father's family, at Painted Post, New York. My brother and his wife went into New York City after the Reunion, but we had less time, so we just visited a few sites closer to Painted Post and Buffalo. I'll be telling you more about all of this a little later.

BB-Idaho said...

Cemeteries often strike me as parks, nicely landscaped and not particularly sad. My personal opinion is that sad graves are the lonely ones along the Oregon Trail:
many families left children buried
in lonely places, cholera was endemic and childbirth problematic.
Sadder yet, the military cemetaries
like Arlington, Normandy, Iwo Jima..where the crosses are neatly arranged as far as one can see.

Lista said...

Thanks for the Comment, BB, and I agree that some Cemeteries are really sad indeed.

Sorry that I haven't been Blogging. Sometimes Blogging can take so much time. I guess maybe some day I should just Post something, even if it sounds like I'm just Rambling or sort of Journalizing. At least it would give the people that I used to interact with a lot in the Blogasphere the chance to talk to me. Oh well. We'll see.

BB-Idaho said...

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Lista said...

Wow! That's really Deep BB! lol.

And that sounds like a joke, but you know what? In reality Graves are Deeper in more ways than one. They are deeper in actuality in terms of actual Physical Depth, and they are also Deeper Emotionally and Spiritually because of the fact that there is Death involved.

BB-Idaho said...

Guess I'm in a rut...
A hairdressing salon opened next to the local graveyard. It was named, rather distastefully, "Curl Up and Dye."

BB-Idaho said...

Reporter interviewing a 104-year-old woman:
'And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?' the reporter asked.
She simply replied, 'No peer pressure.'

Lista said...

Cute BB! :)

BB-Idaho said...

Some religions and cultures have no
cemeteries at all..

Lista said...

Interesting. I guess that's what happens to anything that dies in the Wild.

BB-Idaho said...

Cultures and their burial practices exhibit quite a variety.
One ponders if we all followed the old Viking practice of burying a person in a longboat. We would need considerably larger cemeteries. Or, can you imagine if we all needed internment in a giant pyramid? Geeeee whiz...