Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2, Jesus Knew in Advance, He would Suffer.

I don't Know why I'm up at this Hour.  I just don't feel all that Tired somehow.  The Blogs have all been Pretty Quiet, including this one.  Do you know that out of the 20 Blogs that I used to Follow, just before I stopped Blogging for awhile between March 5 of last Year and February 18 of this one, there are Only 7 of the 20 that are Still Active.

I was Reluctant at First to Venture Out much in Commenting on the Blogs because I've found some of the Arguing that Takes Place on the Blogs to be quite Tiring.  Even on my Own Blog, it can be Tiring being continuously Challenged to Defend every singly thing that I say.  I Lament about it, yet you know what?  Feeling a little Tired at times is nothing compared to what Christ Suffered.

I'm still thinking about Easter, since that is what my Last Post was about and somehow Easter is still on my Mind.  Christ Suffered quite a lot for our sakes and I really wonder at times how People can miss realizing that.  As I am now Thinking about the Gospels and what can be said from Jesus' own Words that Explains what He did, Right now the Scriptures that come to Mind are...

"19)  Jesus answered and said unto them, 'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.'  20) Then said the Jews, 'Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?'  21) But He spake of the temple of His body.  22) When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."  (John 2:19-22, KJV)

"39) But He answered and said unto them, 'An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.  40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.'"  (Matthew 12:39-40, KJV) 

"Little children, yet a little while I am with you.  Ye' shall seek Me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come."  (John 13:33, KJV)

And...

"Simon Peter said unto Him, 'Lord, whither goest thou?'  Jesus answered him, 'Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.'"  (John 13:36, KJV)

In all of these Verses, Christ is Talking about His Death and Resurrection.  He Knew what was going to happen before it actually took Place.  He even knew how Peter was going to Respond. 

"Jesus answered him, 'Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake?  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 'The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.'"  (John 13:38, KJV)

And here is Evidence that He did it Willingly.

"Saying, 'Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done.'"  (Luke 42:22, KJV)

And you know what?  This is another Evidence of His Suffering that is not Mentioned quite as Often as the Crucifixion on the Cross...

"43  And there appeared an angel unto Him from heaven, strengthening Him.  44) And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly; and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.  45) And when He rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping."  (Luke 22:43-45, KJV)

Wow!!  I don't Know why this Message came to me after Easter, but here it is.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Lista,
It doesn't matter what day it is or time of year does it, the suffering of Jesus for all of mankind is so amazing that it will come to mind many times.

Lista said...

Yes, and I read some of these Stories about what took place during Easter Week, also known as the "Passion Week" and I am so Amazed. What Jesus did for us is truly Amazing and it just puts me in a State of Total Awe. I don't think there's any Religion out there that can even come close to Reporting this Level of Compassion and Love expressed by any of their Deities and this is what makes Christianity Truly Unique and Amazing. I mean like WOW!!!