Saturday, November 6, 2010

Communication, Friendship, Risks, Endings, Etc.

I've been on a bit of a Roll in relation to the Evolution vs. Intelligent Design thing and I do have at least one more Post on the Subject that I'd Like to do, yet since the People I Interact with on the Blogs are a Diverse Group of lots of Interests, Perhaps I should Take Breaks and Post about Lighter Things that Require less Though, or at Least less Scientific Though.

I've been Thinking about Friendship and Communication and how Hard such can be at Times.  It's Scary to take the Necessary Risks in Order to get the Best Rewards out of our Friendships.  We get Pets and they Die, we form Friendships and get Rejected by them.  Nothing that is Worth While comes easy.

It's Funny how they say that the Best Things in Life are Free, yet the Truth is that this is Only True in the Context of Money.  In the Context of Work and Effort, nothing is Really Free.  Communication Requires Work, Marriage Requires Work and Friendship Requires Work and sometimes no Matter what we do, we can Still Experience the Rejection that we Fear.

Here is how I View it.  As Long as I can say that You have Learned Something from me and I have Learned Something from you, then the Friendship has been Worth it, regardless of whether or not it is Permanent.  For me Personally, it is the Relationships that End in Anger and in which we can not Come to a Place of Acknowledging that the Friendship was Worth While in some Way; These are the Endings that Hurt, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Some Broken Friendship can also be Reconciled and when this Happens it is Truly a Blessing.

I hope that this Post will Help anyone who Reads it that Feels Lonely in some way.

6 comments:

The Griper said...

"As Long as I can say that You have Learned Something from me and I have Learned Something from you, then the Friendship has been Worth it, regardless of whether or not it is Permanent."

he smiles. in other words, we can all come away from it as better persons within ourselves.

and to do that we need to listen and understand what it is that we need to learn in order for it to be a positive experience.

WomanHonorThyself said...

your'e right Lista some friendships can be saved but others..if not healthy are best to let go..........hope your'e havin a great weekend my friend!:)

Lista said...

Thanks for Dropping by, Griper. I Appreciate it so much that I might even be Tempted to do something really weird and be Nice to you. lol. :)

What you have Said is Right On.

All I Want to Add is that it is Nice when I Know that the Other Person has also Learned something from me, yet Once in Awhile we Come Across People who are too Proud to Admit that and then it is Hard to Feel good About the Relationship, yet I guess I just have to Trust that it is Hard to Interact with anyone without being Affected in some way by the Interaction.

Angel,
The Fact that some Friendships can not be Saved was One of the Hardest Lessons that I ever had to Learn. You see. Sometimes Forgiveness Results in Reconciliation and Sometimes Forgiveness Also Includes Letting Go and Accepting the Loss of something and the Second of these is Really Really Hard.

amanofwonder said...

Hey Lista,

Had to delete the comment ability at the new site, folks were getting vulgar and not my cup of tea. I am going to give it two more weeks for the nasty folks to realize they can just ignore me.

The other site has seemed to have calmed down and I will tie it to the email address on the new one. It had been tied to my work email and some of the comments are not what I allow in this work space.

When I fire up the sites I'll pop over and show up in your followers.

Man you write about some things that make a man wonder what are you talking 'bout. My posts tend to be on the goofy side. I deal with serious stuff all day at work, so I'm out there at times.

I'm cooking one up now about "Blogging and Pizza Sauce". It will be the first post at Black and White is a Choice.

Keep laffin, and if yah ain't, start, it's a better way to go thru life as we know it. I will be headed out to visit my best friend soon and we'z good at laffin together.

;-)

Lista said...

Perhaps you should Try Comment Moderation. Then you can Write a Set of Rules for the Comments. I Borrowed my Rules from the Griper a Long Time Ago. He was Well Aware of it and has Never Objected. You can Create your Own Rules and Perhaps Include Something about Mean Spirited or "Vulgar" Comments. Once the Rules are in Place, you can Refuse to Publish Stuff that doesn't Fit with those Rules, for you have every Right to do so.

I'm sort of an Intellectual and some of my Commenters are too. You Might Eventually Decide that I'm too much for you, but I'll Try and Post things that are Lighter Once in Awhile.

You Behave yourself, you hear?

Lista said...

You Know, MOW, you are a Little Different than most of my Commenters. You Appear to be much more Simple. Intellectuals are much more Complex, and we can't help it, cause that is just the way that we are.

Perhaps you should Try Looking through my Labels and Clicking on Something that you might Find more Interesting, that is Perhaps a Little Lighter.

You can Even Comment on an Older Post if you want to. That wouldn't Bother me one bit.