Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Late Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas

I Guess it's Time to do Another Post.

First for Thanksgiving;
I Must say that as I was Reading all the Thanksgiving Posts, I was Feeling Convicted and Realized that I Need to be More Grateful.  Perhaps I'll use what I Wrote on Dave Miller's Blog as an Initial Inspiration to Get me Going.

I Started Out By Complaining that we are going to be a little Tight this Year, yet as I was Thinking of Dave and his Ministry in Mexico, I Remembered that there are Lots of Other Countries that are Way worse Off than we are here in America, even when the Times are Rough, so we do Need to be Grateful.

Thanksgiving has Actually had an Interesting Affect on me this Year.  I am Grateful.  I'm Grateful for my Health for One Thing and for my Friends.

I was Actually Thinking about it this Year in that it is sort of Neat that Thanksgiving is what Starts the Christmas Season because I was Thinking that we Need to have an Attitude of Gratitude as we go about our Holiday Activities and Remember all that we have, as well as when we Remember the True Meaning of the Holiday and all that God did for Us, by Sending His Son to Die on the Cross for Our Sins.

Not Only that, but also one of the Greatest Gifts that we can Give to Our Loved Ones is our Gratitude, for we so Often Take Each Other for Granted and Forget to say Things such as Thank You and I Love you, so to all of you who have been Following my Blog, I do Appreciate you all and I Love you all in the Lord.

And Now for Christmas;
Beth Wrote an Interesting Comment below Dave's Linked Post.  She Wrote about being Thankful Everyday for our Blessing and Giving Back to Those in Need all Year, not just during the Holidays.

I've thought about this Before to and I Think that it is Totally Nuts that we Try to Do all our Giving During a Single Month during the Year.  Think about it.  We do all our Baking, all our Greeting, in the Form of Cards, Buy all our Gifts, all our Donations to Charities, Etc., Etc., Etc.  Wouldn't it Make more Sense to Do Some of this at another Time of Year.  I've Considered Sending Out Easter Cards, Instead of Christmas Cards, Honoring Birthdays more and Sharing Cookies with the Neighbors During another Holiday besides Christmas.  Traditions are Hard to Break, though.  It's just Something that I've been Thinking about.

Anyway, I Hope that you all had a Very Happy Thanksgiving and I Wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.

There's another Holiday too that is Often Forgotten about and I Think I'll Let my Friend Angel do the Honors in Relation to that.  Happy Chanakkah

10 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks hun for the linky luv..I'm grateful to that..lol (Hugs)

Lista said...

No Problem. Any Time. Tight Hug Right Back.

Pamela Zydel said...

Lista: I'm at work right now, but I'll be back to leave a comment, maybe a bit lengthy, because I've been doing a lot of "thinking" lately and quite a few thoughts have hit me like a ton of bricks!

Lista said...

Oh Goodie! Can't Wait!!

Dave Miller said...

thanks for the shout out Lista, glad you liked the last post...

Lista said...

I wasn't Aware that we had a "Shout Out". I thought it was a Discussion. Sorry about being a Little Negative at First. I can be that way at Times, but I Eventually Come Around and Find the Gratitude I'm Looking for.

BB-Idaho said...

This made me think-
" Traditions are Hard to Break, though."
Perhaps its just my weird
sense of humor, but EVERY year in the London paper on British Veteran's day,
some anonymous person puts
it a rememberance of Harold
Godwinson, King of England, who died at the Battle of Hastings in October, 1066.
..talk about an old tradition!

Lista said...

:)

Dave Miller said...

a shout out is just a term used to acknowledge someone, like a tip of the hat...

it's an urban term...

nothing derogatory, all positive...

it is what you gave me when you mentioned me in your post...

Lista said...

You mean like When I Open the Window and Shout Out into the Streets, "HEY, EVERYONE, GO CHECK OUT DAVE'S BLOG". Like I Told Angel, No Problem. Anytime.