Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the Lighter Side - A few Jokes

Maybe it's time for a lighter post. Sometimes I just get too serious and it seems that I get fewer responses on the Spiritual posts than I do on the Political posts and the more lighter posts. I'm not quite as good at humor as some are, yet it is not as if I don't know a joke or two. I just wonder sometimes whether or not the jokes I know are old and out dated. Perhaps this time I'll try not to sit here and analyze the humor.

Here's a couple jokes.

Why did the light turn red?
You'd turn red too if you had to change in front of everyone.

Two men were walking in the woods and they saw a bear and the one man turns to the other and asks him, "Can you run fast?", and the other man answers and says "What does that matter? I was wondering if the bear can run fast.", but the first man responded "I don't have to out run the bear. I only have to out run you."

Or how about some religious humor?

A Bear in the Woods
A man was walking along in the woods and come across a bear. He knew that he couldn't out run the bear, so he didn't know what to do. Since he was a Christian he decided to pray about it, so he bowed his head and said a prayer. "Lord, please, I beg of You, allow this bear to be a Christian so that he will not eat me."

As the bear approached, the man felt a little relieved to see that the bear bowed his head too and prayed, yet what the bear prayed was not quite as encouraging. "Lord, please bless this food that I am about to eat. Thank You, Lord, for Your wonderful provision. Amen."

The Religious Horse
A man needed to buy a horse, but he was in a hurry, so he didn't ask all the questions that he should have before he took off on the horse.

The man who sold him the horse, was trying to explain to him some of the special instructions that he would need in order to ride this horse, for you see, this horse had been trained to respond to special commands.
Hallelujah meant go and Amen meant stop, yet since the man was in a hurry, he just looked at the health of the horse, saw that he was in good shape and jumped on.

The horse wouldn't go at first, so the man asked "How do I get him to go?" and the other man said "Just say Hallelujah." So the man said "Hallelujah" and the horse broke into a run before the man who sold it to him had the chance to tell him how to get the horse to stop.

Well, the horse took off running and was running really fast in the direction of the cliff and the man became very frightened because he did not know how to get the horse to stop, so he began to pray. In his prayer he said, "Lord, please tell me how to get this horse to stop. Please help me." and just as he finished his prayer by saying "Amen", the horse stopped right at the edge of the cliff.

Well, the man was so relieved and full of joy that he yelled out in a loud voice, "Hallelujah!!"

9 comments:

Lista said...

Once in awhile, I move comments around and place them under a different post, if I feel it better fits the mood there. I did this to Griper once before, so I'm hoping that he won't mind.

This is obviously in response to something that I said on his post in which he explained that he is going to be off line for awhile because he is "busy trying to catch up on work around here." In response to that, I light heartedly told him "I've been missing you, yet I'm glad you are being a good boy and getting your chores done.". Here is what he has said on my blog in response...

Griper said...
He gives her an evil grin to tease her, then begins to chuckle. Talk of me being thought provoking, you do a pretty good mime at it yourself, but did enjoy the story you told.

As for my being a "good boy", now some would say that was a thought provoking statement in itself. lol. Right now, people would say I'm making a bigger mess not cleaning up, but that is change in itself, isn't it?

Do know, though, that my body is constantly "griping" about what I’m forcing it to do and every night it sees that bed and thinks its like alka seltzer, plop, plop, oh what a relief it is.

June 14, 2008-12:07 AM

Gayle said...

Griper is a real treat, Lista.

I enjoyed the jokes, especially the one about the horse. I doubt I'll ever yell "Halleluja" now while riding one. ;)

Lista said...

She returns a playful glance saying, "Maybe I shouldn't get too much into a thought provoking mode over whether or not you've been a "good boy" or whether or not your "making a bigger mess not cleaning up" is a good or bad change. I'll just let God deal with you on that if He can. Maybe it's a hopeless cause. I don't know. I'll pray for you. lol. :)

Lista said...

Hi Gayle,
Yeh, isn't he, though?

I'm glad you enjoyed the jokes. I'm sure that was a special case, yet I guess you never can be too careful. lol.

The Griper said...

talk of thought provoking, here is a page that will remind each of us of how we were at one time in our computer lives.

Don't laugh too much

Lista said...

Thanks for the link. Looks like a good one. I'll check it out in more detail later.

BB-Idaho said...

A mime report followe by a humor post? ...Hmm, lessee here...
How many mimes does it take to stage a opera?
More than it takes to screw in a lightbulb.
..apologies..

Lista said...

When it comes to mimes, I like the joke that the person told who was announcing the mime show. He said, "Sorry for the delay, but the mimes were not able to tell us what the problem was."

Lista said...

Oh and BTW, if the mimes did an opera it would be a pretty quiet opera. Wouldn't it?