Monday, November 14, 2011

Abortion Costs, yet Information Competition is Rigid

Abortion has Emotional Costs, yet these Costs are not always discussed and are often Down Played by those who Work for Pro-Choice Organizations.  Unfortunately, though, there is Considerable Competition when Pro-Lifers try to get this Information Out there and it would appear that the Pro-Life Position is getting Crushed in the SEO War.  That is "The Search Engine Optimization War."

Before I get into the Meat of this Post, I just want to say to anyone who has found this Post,  by some Touch of Luck, by way of a Search Engine, Please do yourself a Favor and Read about Both Sides of the Issue before you make the  Decision to have an Abortion, even if you have to Scan Back Several Pages in the Search Engine Results in Order to Find that which is Presented by the Pro-Life Side.

Meanwhile, I'm Still Working on how I Feel about the Web Page that I gave a Link to in my Previous Post.  I Suppose that if I Use their Title, I can Help them to get more Hits.  It's Called Pro-Lifers Urgently Need to Engage in the SEO War.

To Quote the Main Theme, "The pro-life movement is making great strides right now.  However, there is one area where the fight for life is not going well at all, and it happens to be one of the most important arenas for evangelizing the culture: the online world."

Now that this has been Brought to my Attention, come to think of it, I've Written Several Posts on Abortion and yet they are rarely ever Hit.  There is just too much Competition out there.  It wouldn't be so bad if the Competition was coming from other Pro-Lifers, but it is not.  There are Far more Pro-Choice Blog Posts, then there are Pro-Life Ones.  I'm Guessing this is because there are lots of Abortion Clinics and Pro-Abortion Organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, that are Advertising their Pro-Choice Ideas on the Internet, so much so, that the Pro-Life Voices are being Drowned Out by them.

I Like the way that the Article puts it..."To put it bluntly: The pro-life movement is getting crushed in the SEO war."  That is the Search Engine Optimization War.

Here is another Quote that I very much agree with...

"I’m guessing that one of the first places women turn when they learn of an unexpected pregnancy is the internet.  And, as you can see, they are bombarded with sites that dehumanize their unborn children and paint abortion as a simple, easy option that will make their problems go away."

The Next Site that I Visited and Looked at is Entitled 5 Things Every Catholic Should Know About How Search Engines Work and from there I found a Link to Google's Handy Key Word Tool.

At First I Thought that I should Use Phrases that are Typed into Search Engines Often, such as; "Abortion Costs, Cost of Abortions, Abortion Clinics" and "Is Abortion Legal?"

Yet I Later Realized that I Might have more Luck with Phrases that have less Competition, such as: "Home Abortion Methods, Early Abortion, Abortion Risks, Abortion Pictures, Abortion Doctors, Abortion Methods, Abortion Side Effects, Chemical Abortion, Abortion Procedure, Abortion Definition, First Trimester Abortion, Process of Abortion, Medical Abortion, Anti Abortion Facts, Pro-Choice Abortion, Types of Abortions, Reasons for Abortion, Is Abortion Legal?, Abortion Timeline, Abortion Statistics, Abortion Types, Abortion Complications and Surgical Abortion."

I have Placed the ones that were Ranked Higher in the "Global Monthly Searches" then 10,000 Hits in Bold Print and the Ones that Ranked Higher then 20,000 Hits have been made Larger.  The Phrase "Is Abortion Legal?" has a "Global Monthly Searches" Rating of 90,500, even though the Information Competition is Low.

Naturally, I would Like Pro-Life People to have this Information more then my Opponents, yet the Purpose of this Post is not for the Sake of Starting an Argument about Pro-Choice and Pro-Life, but simply to get you to Ask yourself, Shouldn't those who are Making this Important Decision have all of the Information and not just that which is Presented by Pro-Abortion Sources?

Before I Close, I just wanted to repeat again to anyone who has, by some Touch of Luck, Found my Page through a Web Search.  Please do Read Both Sides of this Argument before Making any Decision about getting an Abortion, even if you have to Scan Back Several Pages in the Search Engine Results in Order to Find that which is Presented by the Pro-Life Side.

I have also done a Number of Posts on this Subject.  You can Click on the Abortion Label to the Right, on those Listed below "Favorite Ramblings" or you can Go to the Next Post Down, Abortion Clinics/Should I have an Abortion?, for a Whole List of my Previous Abortion Posts.

14 comments:

Z-man said...

Unfortunately it's not just with abortion Lista. A while back when I was googling research on psychedelic drugs like LSD most of the top entries seemed heavily biased in favor of their use and emphasized their alleged positive benefits in fields like psychiatry so this is a problem with some controversial topics in general. I like this post alot so this is just my first comment.

Lista said...

Thanks for your Comment, Z. I Hope that you also Read Back a Little Further in my Blog. If you do, you will Probably Recognize some of the Issues that we have been Discussing on your Blog.

Z-man said...

So far it's very peaceable here.

Lista said...

Well at Least Two of my Most Common Agitators have Decided to Remain Quiet, which is Good, because I don't Really Feel like Arguing anyway.

Lista said...

I was Reluctant to Give the Link to the Web Page Entitled "5 Things Every Catholic Should Know About How Search Engines Work" because I didn't really Want to Give the Information to my Competition, yet here it is in Case you wish to Use it.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/5-things-every-catholic-should-know-about-how-search-engines-work/

Getting Back to the Key Words and Phrases, though, Aside from the Phrase "Is Abortion Legal", there are also Quite a Few Global and Local Monthly Searches for "Abortion Statistics, Medical Abortion, Reasons for Abortion and Abortion Methods", in that Order.

Z-man said...

So have you seen any of your own blogposts in any abortion-related google searches Lista? Occasionally I see some of my stuff out there on assorted topics, just at random and I stop and go what's that again?

Lista said...

About 50% of my Hits are to Pages other then my Home Page. The Hit Counter does not Keep Track of what Percentage of these are Web Searches, rather then Hits from People's Feeds and the Like, but I do get Lots of Web Search Hits.

Hits to my Abortion Pages, though, are Very Rare and I Know it is because of the Competition of other Posts on the Subject. No Matter what I do, I can't Seem to get any of my Abortion Pages on the First Page of the Search Engines. It's Frustrating.

Z-man said...

Yeah, you have to change the title of your blogpost to "Abortion - Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia)" and then it'll be right up there.

Lista said...

I wish I had more time to focus on this, but with Thanksgiving Coming up, I have become quite Busy. As to the "Google's Handy Key Word" Link, I realized that there was a second Page of Key Words Relating to Abortion and that the Phrase "Is Abortion Legal?" is actually not the One that is Googled the Most Often after all.

Satyavati has been Getting Tired of the Subject. She's not my Only Reader anyway, though, now is she?

BB-Idaho said...

Using search engines is a bit of an art. I can find exactly what I'm after in a few seconds...my
wife spends hours and comes up with nothing. Hmmmm?

BB-Idaho said...

Like all sidebar blogs, some of yours have died of old age-
Dragon Lady's Den
Sane Political Discourse
A Dash of Rosemary
...the other great choices are still alive and well!

Lista said...

Yeh, I Know, BB. I haven't Modified my Blog Role in Ages and to Discard some of these would be like Discarding Old Friends. I'll Think about Dealing with this Issue after Thanksgiving.

Z-man said...

Patrick M has been reincarnated as Patrick M Speaks btw.

Lista said...

Over Thanksgiving Weekend, I did get a Few Hits to Abortion Pages.

This Page was Hit by Typing in the Words "Abortion Facts". That's an Odd One, cause it has nothing to do with the Title.

"Is Abortion Legal?" was also Hit Once, but I don't have any Information about the Nature of the Search, nor even if it came from a Web Search or a Feed.