Saturday, November 12, 2011

For all those Lurking in the Shadows, Be at Peace.

Hi,
I'm still here, but I'm Drawing a Blank.  There are People Lurking in the Shadows of my Hit Counter, Some of which Visit quite Often.  I can Even Think of Something that I could Post, but I'm so Tired of Arguing.

The Blogosphere is such a Crazy Place.  So Often it Feels Like an Unfriendly Place.  Very Possibly there are even Unfriendly People that are Reading what I am Writing Right Now.  It's Ok, though, for I Know that some of them are just Frustrated, Angry or Perhaps Even Afraid.

If Someone says something that we Consider Incorrect, we become Angry.  Wouldn't it be Better to just Calmly Express our Point of View.  We Take Things so Personally at Times.

Here is a Point of View that is Common on the Blogosphere....  Everyone is Responsible for their Own Feelings.  Hmmmmm.  Interesting.  What about the Verses in the Bible that say we are to Bear One Another's Burdens?

Here's what I Believe to be True.  We are Responsible for Our Own Feelings when in the Presence of Untrustworthy People.  It is Good, though, to Strive to Be Trustworthy, Encouraging and Helpful whenever we are able to do so.

When I Feel a Certain Way, I sometime Wonder if I should just Pray Rather than Talk...


Lord Jesus,
Please Bring Peace to my Friends on the Web.  Please Calm their Hearts of all the Things that Cause them to Feel Disturbed.  Please Help us to Better Communicate.  Please Help us to Understand and not Misjudge.  Please Help us to Speak Clearly.  Please Bring Peace to the Web.

For those who are Afraid of the Truth, Lord, I Ask that you will Help them not to Run from it by Insulting, Changing the Subject, Asking Unrelated Questions and the Like.  Shhhhhhh!  Be at Peace.  Shhhhhhh!  Be at Peace.  Shhhhhhh!  Be at Peace.  Shhhhhhhhhhh!  Be at Peace.

Lord Jesus, Please Bring Peace to Those on the Web.  Amen.



This Prayer was at Least in Part Inspired by a Certain Flow Chart that Explains How People Avoid Genuine Discussion and Use Diversionary Tactics Instead.  Here is the Link.  Those of you who do this, I Wonder if you Know who you are.

Meanwhile, I sincerely Apologize to anyone who I have Offended Lately.  I Never do Mean to.  It just Seems to sort of be the Way Blogging is.

5 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

Digging a little deeper into blog
comments, their variation, degree of contribution and significance, we find that they can be catagorized into TEN TYPES...

Lista said...

Very Good BB,
I Recommend that Every Reads your Link. Thanks so much for your Input. You are Definitely a "Contributor" (Comment Type #3).

And to the Rest of you,
BB-Idaho is also the One Who Contributed the Link in this Post.

Pamela Zydel said...

Lista: I belong to a fan-fiction group and it has "lurkers" too. They "lurk" for a variety of reasons, but the most prevalent is fear. Mostly of being judged for what they write (as in a comment or a story). It takes time, but a lot of the "lurkers" become "delurkers" with encouragement from our group.

I'm sure this can be done with blogging as well. It might take a little more time since you're not sure who the "lurkers" are and exactly why they're “lurking”. Sometimes people “lurk” on blogs because they only read, never leaving comments. Then you have some who are just nebbie. Then, of course, there are some who are just nosing around because that’s what they do…maybe they are trolls and want to start trouble. I try not to give these “stats” too much attention. If people want to lurk and hide, let them. Those who want to participate, will, and those people will be the ones you will give your precious attention to.


We are Responsible for Our Own Feelings when in the Presence of Untrustworthy People

I believe we are responsible for our own feelings at all times regardless of the other person’s character.

Lista said...

Well then, I Hope that this Post was an Encouragement. I don't Bite, Honest. In fact, In spite my Moderation, I do Print Most of the Comments.

Also, I Find that even People who get Mad and Insult on other Blogs, do Know how to be Polite when it is Necessary to do so and the Mere Presence of Moderation Calms this Down. I've been Know to Print some of the Insults, though. Even those get through on Occasion.

"I believe we are responsible for our own feelings at all times, regardless of the other person’s character."

Perhaps, yet I have found those who will Use this Idea as a Justification to Insult and Treat Others in any way in which they Please. In this sense, we are also Responsible for the Way we Treat People and therefore, at Least in Part, for the Feelings that Result in Others because of our Actions.

When with Trustworthy Friends, it is Possible to Put Our Guards Down. If we do so Out of Trust, as the Result of Deception and then that Trust is Broken, the Person who was Deceptive really should Take Responsibility for the Pain that he or she Causes.

Thanks again for your Comments.

PS - I Could be Wrong, but I Think that I do Know who at Least some of the Lurkers are.

Lista said...

I Think what Inspired this Post is the Fact that I have been Arguing with a Couple of Others on another Blog and they Continue to Argue with me there, but are Reluctant to Argue with me here, though I Really am Pretty sure that they've been by.

Perhaps I should not have Described them as Unfriendly. It's just that Endless Arguing Feels so Unfriendly. You'd Think that we would Eventually be Able to Reach a Point at which we Agree to Disagree, yet with some People the Dispute just goes on and on and on and on and on.

One such Person would Consider my Remark about Arguers who Avoid my Blog as being "Frustrated, Angry or Perhaps Even Afraid." as Condescending. We all have Frustrations and Fears though. It's Part of the Human Condition. To Deny this, is an Attempt to be some sort of Super Human who has no Faults.

I Think that some People just Find Psychology, Counselor Types to be Condescending, since such People will Mention Human Weakness on Occasion. How Dare I Suggest that there might me something Less then Perfect in a Particular Person that I'm Talking to.

You see, People who are Arrogant, do not Seem to Realize that they are Arrogant.

Getting Back to you, though,Pamala, the Statement "Everyone is Responsible for their Own Feelings." Results a little in Arrogance and the Reason Why is because the Person who Believes this Tries so Hard to be in Full Control of all of their Emotions that they do not Want to Admit it when they are not.

I've Found this Statement to be Common on the Web, though, so I am not just Speaking of any one Person when I Address this one.

When we Trust and Let Our Guard Down, we Turn at least a small Part of the Responsibility for our Feelings over to the Person who we have Allowed ourselves to be Venerable to. The Only way to be in Full Control of Our Feelings is to Never Trust and that is a rather Lonely Option.

If a Person is Untrustworthy, though, they Leave us with no other Choice other then to Mistrust and Take Responsibility for Our Own Feelings, rather then Trusting this Person to help us with them in any way.

That is what I Meant by my Statement that "We are Responsible for Our Own Feelings when in the Presence of Untrustworthy People."

As to any Stranger who is "Lurking in the Shadows" of my Hit Counter, though, if there is anyone there that is Unfriendly, my Choice is to Pray for them, not to Ask them to Go Away.

I have One Friend that would Probably Find such a Prayer Condescending. How Dare I make a Suggestion that such a Prayer is Necessary, though most People do Appreciate Prayer, including some of the Atheists that I Know.

The Prayer in this Post is not Directed at anyone in Particular. I Figure if someone is Guilty of what I've Implied, then they are Guilty. If they are not Guilty, then they are not Guilty. That is Between each Individual and God.

As to Insults, I am Clearly Willing to Admit that I too have my Times in which even I can be Abrasive.

To the Lurkers in my Hit Counter, especially the New Ones...Thanks for Dropping by, Please Keep Coming Back cause you are indeed Welcome here.