Monday, July 11, 2011

Manipulative Arguments

I Guess I've Written about the Manipulator before and One Very Common Response is that if Someone is Making me not Feel so Good about Myself, or Confused in some Way, then I should Stop Interacting with him.  Perhaps those who have told me that are Getting Tired of me Bringing Up the Subject, yet don't you see, I'm not Just Talking about "The Manipulator" anymore, but about those who Manipulate on the Web.

Manipulation can be Used in a Rather Cruel Way in the Context of Relationships and Friendship, yet it can also be Used in just Plain Arguing.

People Manipulate by Exaggerating the Facts, Appealing to the Emotions and Accusing and Pointing Fingers in a Hypocritical Way, when the Party (in Politics) or the Position (Everything Else), that they are Supporting is just as Guilty of the Same.

People Manipulate when they Change the Subject, rather than Talking about the Issue that is Being Brought Up by their Opponent.  Or when they Insist on Focusing on the Part of the Issue that is Stronger for their Own Point of View, while Avoiding that which is Less in Line with their Point of View.

People Manipulate when they Insult or Accuse their Opponent of Motives such as the Quest for Power or Ego, Hatred (Hate Speech) or some form of Phobia or Fear, (Xenophobia, Homophobia), rather than Giving a Rational Argument for their Position.

People Manipulate when they Misinterpret what their Opponent Says, Put Words in their Mouth and then Argue against something that was Never Actually Stated, Make it appear that there is Agreement, when there is not, or Try to Make their Opponent Appear Inconsistent because of something that they Never Actually Said.

People Manipulate when they Exaggerate what their Opponent Says in Order to Make it appear Foolish or like an Agreement with something that the Opponent in no Way Agrees with or Approves of.

People Manipulate when they Lie, Misrepresent the Facts or Exaggerate the Facts, while Speaking Authoritatively about that which they have Absolutely no Evidence for.

People Manipulate when they Redefine Words, such as Marriage, or in the Case of Evolutionism vs. Creationism, Species and even Words such as Confirm, Falsify, Assumption and even Science.

Manipulators will Make sure that the Definitions of the Words Used will Fit their Own Point of View Better then that of their Opponents and will Avoid Using any Words that their Opponents Introduce.  Such a Practice has Way more to do with Manipulation then with Truth.

Manipulators Apply Different Rules and Different Definitions to their Opponents, than they do to themselves.  In Friendship, this is Called the Double Standard, yet People do it in Politics as well and also even in Science, just as Evolutionists Expect more Proof from their Opponent then they are Willing to Offer themselves.

There.  Now Maybe I have Created a Can of Worms that will Cause my Blog to be Less Quiet, but Oh well.  Go Ahead and Talk and Tell me what you Think.

5 comments:

AmericanVet said...

I would like to allow this post to be a guest post on my blog. With your permission, of course. I would link the title and then point readers to your blog to read and comment.

Kimbal

Lista said...

By all Means, Link Away. I've been doing that with you Regularly. If I was Supposed to Ask Permission, then I Apologize. I Hope you don't Mind.

BB-Idaho said...

Sometimes, it seems people buy
the book
summarizing logical fallacies...
and use them all.

Lista said...

What I Really Get a Kick Out of is how some of the People who are the Most Illogical People I Know, or at least one such Person, Claims to Be an Expert on Logic and to have Taken Multiple Classes in Logic, yet I don't Know what to do except Shake my Head, because there is Very Little that he Says that Makes even the Smallest Level of Sense and you Know what? That's just because I'm Stupid is not the Correct Explanation.

Lista said...

American Vet/Kimbal,
I have both Linked and Quoted you yet again in my Most Recent Post. If I do not have Permission to do this at Will, then you Better Let me Know.

Lista